Yendo Al Encuentro...

Oil on canvas  12x10 in.
This beach where the fishermen launch their wooden canoe boats is found below Cape Coast Castle, infamous for its horrific past as one of 40 forts along Ghana's Gold Coast where men and women were held to be sold to British slave ships throughout 18th century.  This is my painting for submission to Bill Guffey's Virtual Paintout for this month.  
You can see the image that inspired this painting at  https://goo.gl/maps/29Vey2VDdXm

"I am not interested in any one school or movement, nor do I care for art.  I am interested in life."  Robert Henri

Comments

  1. Beautiful work! The sand looks for warm, and the water so cool. Love your light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on that exactly, light and dark, warm and cool. Thanks for noticing!

      Delete
  2. Saw this on the Virtual Paintout - very good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom, for checking out my blog and commenting. I appreciate it. You made my day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts