Big Girl in a Blue Chair

Oil on canvas

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Wow, thank you, Martine. You paint to make others see, to make others feel, and your comment makes me feel on top of the world!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful skin tones! It looks like you were working from a model, ie not photo. True?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone is robbing her house...and it doesn't look like she is going to wake up soon! Her facial expression is so placid and deeply mellow. I can almost hear here snoring. Very beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is out cold, Miguel, that's true. I'm honored that you felt it was beautiful. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Marjie. This is from a sketch during a life drawing class that I attended. I am working on skin tones and palettes to achieve realistic color, but it has been frustrating. I tend to make everyone redder than they are and her face is very chalky, but I learn, we learn.....we paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific skin tones, and I love the shading in her hair. I want a blue chair that makes me feel that comfortable and content!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sheila, for your feedback. I sort of played with the title, reminiscing from Mary Cassatt's painting "Little Girl in a Blue Armchair." I wish the chair was real. This was from a life drawing sketch I had and I only had her figure in the sketch; so a blue chair was invented!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts